- Marine Current Turbines--press release
A tidal power device, the SeaGen from Marine Current Turbines, delivers electricity into U.K.'s grid. (Via Earth2Tech)
- Biogas flows through Germany's grid big time--Renewable Energy World
Biogas could supply 20 percent of Germany's energy and displace all its natural gas consumption, says proponent.
- Fuel from food waste: Bacteria provide power--Science Daily
On the waste and bacteria beat, U.K. researchers try to produce hydrogen.
- Climate change puts U.S. way of life at risk--Reuters
The EPA issues warning on health impacts from climate change.
- SunPower earnings up, shares slip on Spanish fears--Reuters
A glimpse of the financial impact of policy changes and uncertainty, just like in the U.S.
- Kleiner bets the farm--Fortune
Article asserts that the iconic VC firm is passing on Internet deals to focus on green tech, which are "shoot for the moon" type investments that have
- Gore: Reliance on fossil fuels poses threat to U.S.--NPR
A bold vision: 100 percent renewable energy in 10 years. Gore veers from the science-heavy discussion and ties threads of domestic economic problems and geopolitics with climate change.
- New York cancels plans for clean coal plan--Reuters
So-called clean coal technology dubbed "ahead of its time" by regulators.
A sampling of green-tech news with quick commentary.