A sampling of green-tech news with quick commentary.
- First Solar shines in Q3--RTTNews
Company has good quarter, a bright spot among battered public solar firms.
- Xethanol drops cellulosic, chases methane--Green Fuels Forecast
Company decides that tapping methane from landfills is a more promising business than making cellulosic ethanol.
- Juniper, Ixia author green spec--NYTimes.com
After all the attention on server energy consumption, here is a proposal for energy efficient networking gear.
- iPhone app gives drivers efficiency feedback--NYTimes.com
Looks like a cool app for measuring your lead foot. There are also dedicated to this.
- 'Carbon army' hopes to grab slice of New Deal cash--Reuters
Jockeying over any potential stimulus plan is already in full swing.
- Progress Energy testing LED streetlights in Raleigh--News & Observer
Using LEDs for street lighting is considered low-hanging fruit for municipal energy saving.
- Betting on green--Technology Review
More on the impact of falling oil prices and the credit freeze on clean energy businesses. Expect volatility.
- Is the Middle East the next renewable energy frontier?--Greentech Media
It's not just the oil-needy nations that are moving into renewable energy.