CNET Update finds these drones stunning.
In this episode of CNET Update:
- Get ready for more Android apps that work on smartwatches. Google is launching a software development kit for Android on wearable gadgets.
- Update to iOS 7.1, now that Apple added new features and bug fixes to its mobile operating system.
- Spoil the official reveal of HTC's new flagship phone with new leaked photos popping up online.
- Listen to what Edward Snowden said at SXSW. It was his first time speaking to a public audience since he left the country for exposing classified documents on the NSA's questionable surveillance tactics. (Update on the video: That seven proxies thing was apparently a joke!)
- Cringe while watching a "stunning" demonstration of a flying drone that can zap a target with 80,000 volts.
- Listen to a soundtrack while reading the new Captain America comic on the Marvel Comics app. (The technology comes to you from the makers of the stun-gun drone.)
CNET Update delivers the tech news you need in under three minutes. Watch Bridget Carey every afternoon for a breakdown of the big stories, hot devices, new apps, and what's ahead. Subscribe to the podcast via the links below.