As Google launched two new members of its smart speaker lineup on Wednesday -- the and the -- the company also announced new tricks to make the always-listening even smarter across all Home devices.
- Broadcast: The coolest new feature lets you send a message to all the other Home devices in your house. Call your kids to dinner or tell your spouse that you're on your way.
- Find your phone: Ask Google's digital assistant to find your phone, and it will ring your Android phone, even if it's on silent.
- Smart home routines: Google is getting better at managing the smart home as well. You'll now be able to add your synced devices to your routines. Give a single command such as "Good morning" and the Google Assistant can turn on your lights, raise the temperature of your thermostat, and help get your house ready for the day.
- Show my entryway: If you have a Chromecast, tell Google you want to see your front door, and the live stream from the cam will pull up on your TV. and a
- Doorbell chimes: In another collaboration with Nest, Nest's new smart doorbell -- called the Nest Hello -- will sound a chime on your Google Home. Your Home can even announce a person the Nest doorbell recognizes via facial recognition.
- Family accounts: You can already create . Now, parents can create accounts for kids under 13. Google is promising improved understanding of your kids' speech.
- Family fun: Google's also partnering with the likes of Disney, Warner Brothers and Sports Illustratred for Kids to offer unique experiences tailored for the whole family when you ask it to tell a story, play a game or say "let's learn."
We'll see if these features are enough to help the originaland the new members of the Home lineup .
Google Pixel 2 event live: Watch the livestream of Google's press conference
Everything Google just announced: Every story from today's event
CNET Smart Home
reading•Google Home gets 7 new tricks
Jan 20•Amazon's Echo Wall Clock puts your Alexa timers in full view
Jan 20•Been sleeping on smart lights? Time to wake up
Jan 19•Whirlpool, GE and the dozens of cooking apps crowding the smart kitchen
Jan 19•Peloton, Mirror and other smart fitness tech brings the gym home