Adding to its large portfolio of smartwatches and Garmin's Instinct gets rugged for outdoor activity.targeted at specific sports such as running, triathlon, diving and golf,
It incorporates hiking-friendly features like a three-axis compass, barometer/altimeter and support for multiple satellite systems -- GLONASS and Galileo in addition to GPS -- to minimize chances of getting lost when you wander off the beaten path.
It also includes health-and-fitness-oriented features like a wrist-based heart-rate monitor, sports apps and wellness data. Plus, it supports Garmin's Connect phone app.
The Garmin Instinct is available now for $300 (£270, AU$400).
- 23mm face
- Made of fiber-reinforced polymer with a chemically strengthened glass lens
- 23mm monochrome transflective memory-in-pixel display, 128x128-pixel resolution
- Silicone strap, compatible with Garmin's 22mm QuickFit watch bands
- Rated to 10 ATM water resistance, mil-spec 810G
- Dimensions: 1.8x1.8x0.2 inches (45x45x15.3 mm)
- Weight: 1.8 ounces (52 grams)
- Battery life up to 14 days (16 hours GPS)
- 16MB memory