Following yesterday's announcement of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's upcoming New Game Plus mode, developer CD Projekt Red has shared some more details about what players can expect from the free update. When you finish the roleplaying game, New Game Plus lets you start a new game with your high-level experience and loot.
In response to a flood of questions in The Witcher 3's forums, community manager Marcin Momot shared some new insight.
Among other things, he confirmed that enemies will be stronger, and that player experience and items will carry over to your next playthrough.
Momot's full responses are below:
- Enemies will be stronger obviously.
- What carries over? Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies) and alchemy recipes.
- When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.
- You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.
- What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+? The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.
New Game Plus is The Witcher 3's 16th free piece of DLC. Others have included things like alternate costumes and hairstyles for hero Geralt and his sorceress paramour Yennefer, along with new finishing moves and horse armor. A release date for New Game Plus has not been announced, but it won't be this week.