Fallout Shelter's 1.4 update, the mobile game's biggest-ever update, has arrived. To mark its release, Bethesda put out a new video for the update that showcases some of its new features and content, including crafting rooms, a barbershop, a day/night cycle, and new pets such as parrots and dalmatians.
The full Fallout Shelter 1.4 patch patch notes are available below.
Fallout Shelter Update 1.4 Details:
Descriptions written by Bethesda
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing... crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us--it's more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4 in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we've added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing... Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!
Fallout Shelter is the first mobile game from Bethesda Game Studios -- and it won't be the last. Bethesda's Todd Howard told GameSpot recently that, in part due to the success of Fallout Shelter, the developer has plans to make even more mobile games in the future. These have not been announced, however.
As for Fallout 4, Bethesda continues to update that game, too. The latest update, also 1.4, is out now on PC, introducing support for DLC, new art customization options for the Workshop crafting system, and some bug fixes. Fallout 4's first paid expansion, Automatron, launches later this month; its achievements recently leaked and you can see them here.