Attention, all of you who want to learn a second language without leaving your home. Rosetta Stone recently rolled out the next generation of its highly regarded language-learning software, Rosetta Stone Version 4 TOTALe, and we've got a copy of the Level 1-3 package to give away to one lucky winner. And if you win, you get a choice of the Spanish or French package. Your pick.
What does Version 4 TOTALe inlcude? Well, the company says that on top of the Rosetta Stone software, there's now "an entirely new online experience that includes live, interactive coaching sessions with live native speakers, allowing learners to awaken their natural ability to learn a new language. Version 4 TOTALe works through effective software and online activities that encourage learners to interact and use their new language skills." You also get a headset and a microphone, as well as an iPhone app for practicing on the go. (For more info, go here).
Now, Rosetta Stone packages run fairly expensive, but they're cheaper than many immersion language courses. Normally, the Level 1-3 package of Version 4 TOTALe would cost about $580, but you have the chance to get it gratis.
So, how do you try to win Rosetta Stone Version 4 TOTALe? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) Level 1-3 package of Version 4 TOTALe with a retail value of $580 (winner gets choice of Spanish or French).
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, September 20 at noon EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on September 20, 2010.for details.