So, we're excited to announce that for the next four weeks Dolby will be sponsoring the Crave Giveaway of the Week, serving up some sweet home-theater prizes, including this week's
Here's what Dolby has to say about the AVR 2600: "This sophisticated 7.1- channel AV receiver includes four HDMI inputs and seven 65-watt channels of 65 watts per channel Dolby Home Theater audio performance. In addition to Dolby Volume, the AVR 2600 includes advanced Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD decoding." (See full specs at Dolby's Web site).
Normally, the AVR 2600 would cost about $670, but you have the chance to get it gratis.
So, how do you try to win this Harman Kardon AV receiver? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive (1) Harman Kardon AVR 2600 AV receiver. Approximate retail value is $670.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. Winners must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, June 7 at noon EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 PM EST on June 7, 2010. Seefor details.
Note: Aside from this weekly giveaway, Dolby is also running a special Drop the Remote sweepstakes that runs through June. For a chance to win the grand prize of a 55-inch Toshiba 55-inch HDTV featuring Dolby Volume, enter here.