Apple has updated Knowledge Base article #305689, addressing many of the issues experienced by iPhone owners thus far. Of particular note:
- Sound from receiver is muffled or too low "Make sure the receiver is over your ear. Move it around until it is in a spot that produces the clearest sound." [This issue may be resolved by iPhone update 1.0.1 for some users.]
- Low microphone volume "If you are using a third-party iPhone case, make sure it is not covering the microphone. Try making some calls without the case to see if a caller can now hear you more clearly."
- Display image issues "This can include white screen, bright or dark pixels, lines in video, or sections of video missing. [...] Turn iPhone off and turn it on again." [See our coverage of display brightness issues]
- No cell signal strength anywhere "Check to make sure you're in an area with network coverage."
- Battery life seems short "If you are charging using your computer, don't connect iPhone to your keyboard." [See our coverage: 1, 2]
- No sound through stereo headset "Unplug and reconnect the headset. Make sure the connector is pushed in all the way."