CNET también está disponible en español.

Ir a español

Don't show this again

Christmas Gift Guide
Culture

Apple cancels Expo in France

After last week's devastating attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the computer maker cancels this year's Apple Expo in Paris.

Apple Computer said Monday that it is canceling this year's Expo in France, after last week's devastating attacks on New York's World Trade Center and the Pentagon in Washington, D.C.

Apple's Expo 2001 was scheduled to take place at the Paris Expo in Porte de Versailles from Sept. 26 to Sept. 30.

"We're canceling Apple Expo in the wake of last week's devastating and tragic events," Apple CEO Steve Jobs said in a statement. "We're sorry to disappoint our users and developers, but their safety is our primary concern."

In August, Jobs said the computer maker would not launch any new hardware at the Apple Expo in France. Instead, Jobs said his keynote presentation would focus on Mac OS X 10.1, the newest version of the Mac operating system.

A company representative said that Apple Vice President Phil Schiller is still slated to give Apple's keynote address on Sept. 25 at the Seybold Seminars conference in San Francisco.

There is no word from Apple yet as to whether Jobs, who had been scheduled to address the Seybold crowd via satellite, will now appear in person.

News.com's Ian Fried contributed to this report.