Apple has debuted new eMacs with G4 processors running at up to 1.25 GHz, 333 MHz DDR memory, faster ATI Radeon graphics and USB 2.0 connectivity to peripherals.
Also, the eMac now also offers an optional internal Bluetooth module, in addition to including a built-in antenna and card slot to support an optional AirPort Extreme Card.
The 17-inch flat CRT eMac, for a suggested retail price of $799 (US) includes:
- 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 processor;
- 256MB of 333 MHz DDR SDRAM;
- a 32x Combo (DVD-ROM/CD-RW) optical drive;
- five USB ports (three USB 2.0) and two Firewire 400;
- ATI Radeon 9200 with 32MB video memory; and
- 40GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive.
The 17-inch flat CRT eMac, for a suggested retail price of $999 (US) has the same specs as the $799, plus:
- an 8x SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW) optical drive instead of the 32x combo drive
- an 80GB Ultra ATA/100 hard drive instead of the 40 GB drive
In addition to the iLife suite, the new eMacs include AppleWorks, Quicken 2004 for Mac, WorldBook Encyclopedia 2004 Edition and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4.
The new systems are available immediately.