"OK Google, what's the best voice assistant?"
The competition to control phones, speakers and smart homes with your voice is heating up. There are a range of personal assistant systems you talk to, backed by some of the biggest brands in technology. , Apple's Siri and Microsoft's Cortana are all in the running -- and then there's Google Assistant, which has the big advantage of coming built-in to Android phones.
Other mobile, audio and smart home manufacturers are currently choosing which horse to back, and at technology trade show IFA in Berlin this week we're seeing a stable of products that support each of these different voice systems. Several brands have . Some Android devices that include Alexa, like the Moto X4, have access to both systems.
Here's some of the devices that have opted for Google Assistant so far:
- Smart speaker
- Smart speaker
- JBL Link smart speaker Interestingly, JBL's more high-end sister brand Harman Kardon opted for Alexa in the
- Headphones support both Siri and Google Assistant by connecting to your phone
- Supports both Alexa and Google Assistant
- Fossil Q Venture and Q Explorist Smartwatches
- Wileyfox Swift 2 Android smartphone supports both Alexa and Google Assistant
- LG V30 Android smartphone
Tech Enabled: CNET chronicles tech's role in providing new kinds of accessibility.
Special Reports: CNET's in-depth features in one place.
reading•The new 'OK Google' announcements from IFA 2017
Oct 10•Samsung Q900 8K TV hands-on: A gorgeous 85-inch image at any resolution
Sep 25•Jaybird Tarah wireless sports headphone: Looks like the X4 but cheaper
Sep 5•Wear OS featured on multiple watches at IFA 2018
Sep 4•Top 5: New tech at IFA 2018