Acer has introduced an array of new computer hardware at in Berlin, including what it says is the world's lightest 15-inch notebook.
The Acer Swift 5, starting at $1,100, weighs just 2.2 pounds -- about 0.3-pound less than , which formerly held the title of lightest 15-incher and costs about $900 more. (For additional context, the Swift 5 weighs almost one pound less than the .)
In addition to the Predator Thronos, a gaming chair that supports up to four 27-inch monitors, and the $400 OJO 500, a virtual reality headset, Acer also announced that some of its Orion gaming desktop PCs, introduced earlier this year, will feature Nvidia's new family of GPUs.
Here's a summary of everything Acer announced today:
Laptops and PCs
- Acer Swift 5 (SF515-51T): starts at $1,100, 2.2 pounds, 8th-gen Intel Core i7 or i5 CPU, available in North America in Jan. 2019
- Acer Swift 3: 14-inch display (available in Nov. 2018 in North America starting at $800 as the SF314-55, available in Jan. 2018 in EMEA as the SF314-56, starting at 800 euros).
- Aspire Z 24 all-in-one PC: starting at $900 (900 euros), 8th-gen Intel Core i7+ CPU, Nvidia GeForce MX150 GPU, Amazon Alexa, available in North America and EMEA in Oct. 2018
- Chromebook 514: starting at $350 (350 euros), 14-inch display with 1,920x1,080 resolution, up to 12 hours of battery life, available in North America and EMEA in Oct. 2018
- Predator XB273K gaming monitor: $1,300 (1,500 euros; 10,000 yen), 27-inch UHD (3,840x2,160 resolution) display, 144Hz refresh rate, Nvidia G-Sync, available in North America, EMEA and China in Q4 2018
- Acer Nitro XV273K gaming monitor: $900 (1050 euros, 7,000 yen), 27-inch 4K UHD resolution, 144Hz refresh rate, AMD Radeon FreeSync, and up to 1ms Visual Response Boost, which Acer says decreases blur in fast moving images, available in North America, EMEA and China in Q4 2018
- The Nitro also comes in two other configurations -- the $500 XV272U, which features IPS, WQHD, and 95 percent WCG, and the $450 XF272U, which features TN and 90 percent WCG
- PL6610 (WUXGA) and PL6510 (1080p) normal lens DLP projectors, pricing and availability TBD
- SL6610 (WUXGA) and SL6410 (1080p) short throw lens DLP projectors, pricing and availability TBD
- Predator Orion 9000: Intel Core i9 Extreme Edition CPU, up to 128GB of quad-channel DDR4 at 2,400 MHz, , Windows 10 Home 64-bit, pricing and availability TBD
- Predator Orion 5000: Intel 8th-generation Core i7+ 8700K or AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU, up to 64GB of dual-channel DDR4 at 2,666 MHz, or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/1080/1070/1060 GPU, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, pricing and availability TBD
- Predator Orion 3000: Intel 8th-generation Core i7+ 8700K CPU, up to 64GB of dual-channel DDR4 at 2,666 MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080/1070/1060/1050 Ti/1050 GPU, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, pricing and availability TBD
- Predator Thronos gaming chair which supports four 27-inch monitors, pricing and availability TBD
- Acer OJO 500 Windows Mixed Reality Headset: $400 (499 euros), features detachable design, integrated audio system, interpupillary distance (IPD) adjustment technology, available in North America and EMEA in Nov. 2018
- A new lineup of Nitro-branded gear including a backpack, mousepad, headset, keyboard and mouse
: The key announcements from summer's biggest tech show.
: All the most-powerful gaming laptops tested in the CNET Labs.
reading•Acer unveils superlight 15-inch laptop plus tons of gaming hardware at IFA
Oct 10•Samsung Q900 8K TV hands-on: A gorgeous 85-inch image at any resolution
Sep 25•Jaybird Tarah wireless sports headphone: Looks like the X4 but cheaper
Sep 5•Wear OS featured on multiple watches at IFA 2018
Sep 4•Top 5: New tech at IFA 2018