Remember than one thing that was so funny from last month? If you ever scratch your head trying to find a fact or joke or link, but can't remember the source, CloudMagic can be quite a help. It lets you search through many Web apps simultaneously, and while it doesn't quite cover everything yet, it's a great help nonetheless. Here's how it works:
- Navigate to CloudMagic and set up an account. It's very simple and just requires an e-mail address.
- Link your online accounts to CloudMagic. For now, you're limited to Gmail, Google Apps, Twitter, and Microsoft Exchange, but that's a fairly impressive assortment to start with.
- Linking Google Chat requires a couple of extra steps, outlined here.
- Search from this page. It is almost unbelievably fast and thorough. Results are grouped by service, so you may need to scroll down to find what you're looking for.
- If you like, install the CloudMagic mobile app for Android or iOS or the browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, or Safari from this page. They make it much easier to search from within your browser or on the go.
That's all there is to it! I hope the developers will add more service, like Google+, Facebook, and other Web mail services, but even this rather stripped-down version is terrific.