The Intel Core i9 CPUs to larger drives to displays that automatically adjust their color temperature.offer a lot of updates under the hood, from high-end
But, early adopters also found an unexpected problem -- CPUs that would throttle up and down wildly under exactly the kind of high-end workload these Pro-level machines were designed for.
Fortunately, a fix is already available. MacOS update is all that's needed to fix it. We've downloaded and installed the new software fix, and at least in our initial testing, it appears to resolve the issue. We'll continue to run our full battery of tests to confirm, and in the meantime, here's what you need to know to update a newly purchased MacBook Pro., and a
- The problem (and fix) only applies to MacBook ($1,899 at Apple) Pros that Apple announced on July 12
- The 13-inch MacBook Pro without the Touch Bar, the 12-inch MacBook, and MacBook Air ($1,499 at Apple) were not updated and are not affected.
- The specific update you're looking for is the MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Supplemental Update.
- If you don't want to wait for it to be pushed to you through the standard Apple menu > About this Mac > Software Update path, it can be downloaded directly at this link.
- Once the file is downloaded, open it, follow the prompts and install the package within.
- You'll be prompted to restart when the installation is complete.
You should be all set! According to early reports, the fix is an effective one, and stops the up-and-down throttling effect.
Once again, please note this is just for people who purchased one of the new 13-inch and 15-inch Touch Bar MacBook Pro laptops with Intel's eighth-gen CPUs,.
: See the top 25 laptops and 2-in-1 PCs with the longest battery life.
: All the most-powerful gaming laptops tested in the CNET Labs.
Apple - USE TAG
reading•How to install Apple's MacBook Pro CPU throttling software fix
Dec 17•Apple lied about iPhone X, XS and Max screen sizes and pixel counts, lawsuit alleges
Dec 16•The 30 worst phone names of all time
Dec 16•The iPhone XR in blue looks stellar under a macro lens
Dec 16•The best iPhone X cases