How long can those birds stay angry? Most of us want some variety in our mobile gaming, but with so many mobile games coming out every day, it's hard to know which ones will keep us coming back.
Recommendations from friends are great, but you've got more to talk about than hot games, right? HeyZap wants to close the loop by letting you check in to gameplay, Foursquare-style, and sending out recommendations based on social play. Here's how to use it:
- Install the HeyZap app from the Android Market or the App Store.
- Launch HeyZap. The first time you launch, you will need to either create and account or sign in using Facebook.
- Now you can connect with friends. HeyZap goes through your Contacts (and Facebook or Twitter friends, if you enable access) and automatically connects you with folks already using HeyZap, but if you're an early adopter, you may want to let them know about it. Just tap their name to send a text inviting them to join (if you pay for texts, you may want to just connect on your own).
- You can also follow others who enjoy the same kind of games you do. Tap the People tab to find new folks to follow.
- When you play a game that is part of the HeyZap network (that's a lot of them), you should see a check-in bar that lingers briefly. Tap Check in to bring up a window to add a message and choose where to post.
- To find more games, click the Games tab. There you'll find three new tabs: New consists of recently trending games you may want to keep up with, Popular lists those games with the most check-ins and Suggested shows you the games HeyZap thinks you will like based on the games you play.
That's how to find new games. HeyZap offers other cool social features like badges, tips and questions.
Thanks to Phandroid for the link!