Quick response codes, QR for short, can be used to store many different types of information. For instance, they can store a phone number, a Web address, and even a map location. If you'd like to add a QR code to your Web site or print one on another product (such as a business card or promotional T-shirt), there are free QR generator sites that will allow you to do this. Follow these quick steps to help you create QR codes for personal or business use.
1. Open http://zxing.appspot.com/generator/ in your Web browser. ZXing is the company behind the popular app Barcode Scanner, which can easily scan QR codes.
2. Choose the type of information you want the QR code to include from the drop-down box. The Contact Information and Geo location types store the most information.
3. Fill out the form with the information for the QR code, and then choose a size. In the case of QR code scanning, bigger is better. If you're printing the bar code on a product, make sure that the squares making up the code are 1.0mm for older camera phones (they can be as small as .8mm for newer ones).
4. Click the Generate button and your QR code will appear on the right. You can either link to this code with the link the site provides, or click the download link to save it for printing purposes.
5. Most importantly: test the QR code! You want to make sure that the information you entered is going to appear correctly when scanned. Just scan it from your computer screen with a bar code reader app.