There are a lot of to-do lists available on the Google Play store. Each has its own bells and whistles like lists, recurring tasks, missed call reminders and more. However, these elaborate management apps don't work for everyone. Sometimes you just need a list that is omnipresent, like a Post-It Note on the edge of your monitor.
Collateral is a simple task manager app that lets you turn a to-do item into a notification. You can do this with single items, or with an entire list of tasks. Let's get started:
- Grab a copy of Collateral for your Android 4.1+ device.
- Open the app and start creating single notes or lists to appear in your notification shade.
- You can choose between default and ongoing behaviors for your notes.
The default setting will let you clear the note from your notification shade with a swipe. The ongoing option will make the notification stay there until you tap it and delete it from within the app. I found the ongoing to be most useful, so I didn't accidentally remove my notes.
- The placement options are top, near top, normal, near bottom, bottom and hide.
If you like the icon to be present, any of the options besides hide will work for you. From there, it may take some time to decide whether it's best to have it first or last in your list, depending on where your eyes look first in your notification shade.
- To delete a notification that is set to ongoing, you'll need to tap it and then press the red X icon in Collateral.
If you spring for the Pro version, you'll also be able to set a color, add an action, attach a picture and set a reminder for your notes and lists.
What do you think? Have another app that helps you manage your to-do list that might help others? Share your favorites in the comments below.