- The Xbox 360 is so hot(t) that it's bringing out the worst in people. Lying. Stealing. Scheming. Mediocrity. BSODing. I have none of these problems with my Ms. Pac-Man TV Games unit, and if someone jacked me at gunpoint for it, I'd only be out $20, not $400. I like Ms. Pac-Man, because it is a fun game. But I hear there are also some fun games for Xbox 360, even if Super Xtreme High-Def Ms. Pac-Man 3000 isn't one of 'em.
- Internet Explorer 7 that hasn't been released yet. The end.
- If you're looking for the ultimate HDTV experience, hook yourself up with a 1080p set. As luck would have it, senior editor David Katzmaier presided over a 1080p HDTV steel-cage match this week, and he also has answers regarding which HDTV reigns supreme in each category. Be forewarned: Buying one of these high-end HDTVs means you'll see Donald Trump in much higher detail than you could possibly want (and Jessica Alba in much higher detail than you can probably handle).
- Do you really want Intel inside? If you're buying a dual-core desktop, then probably not. Senior Associate Editor Rich Brown on our Systems team pitted AMD's dual-core Athlon 64 X2 CPUs against Intel's dual-core Pentium CPUs in a grueling head-to-head comparison, and Intel came out on the short end of the stick. So far on the short end, that Intel was barely on the same stick. Adding insult to injury, the beatdown occurred after AMD went all Ali-Frazier and called Intel out. That also means Apple's probably feeling pretty bummed right now.
- Don't worry, iPod Nation. We feel your pain. In fact, we feel it so much that we want to provide you with soothing ointment to quell your iPod's most annoying rashes. Want to replace your ever-weakening battery? Follow these directions. Want to snap your iPod out of frozen mode? We've got a blowtorch. Can't get it to play nice with Windows? Read this. On the other hand, you may just want to get a different MP3 player. Or you could be the talk o' the town and carry around a record player.
Get ready for iOS 8
Here's what you need to know before downloading iOS 8 on your iPhone or iPad.