Kindle update integrates Facebook, Twitter
In late May, Amazon will be updating its Kindle software to version 2.5. The update has a number of small, but important, enhancements.
Amazon posted info on its site about a new 2.5 software update for
Here's the full list of feature updates, according to Amazon:
- Collections: Organize your books and documents into one or more collections.
- PDF pan and zoom: Zoom into PDFs and pan around to easily view small print and detailed tables or graphics.
- Password protection: Password-protect your Kindle when you're not using it.
- More fonts and improved clarity: Enjoy two new larger font sizes and sharper fonts for an even more comfortable reading experience.
- Facebook and Twitter posts: Share book passages with friends on Facebook and Twitter directly from your Kindle.
- Popular highlights: See what the Kindle community thinks are the most interesting passages in the books you're reading.
It's worth noting that this Amazon update comes on the heels of Barnes & Noble'sand it appears that the rivalry between the two $259 e-readers is heating up. As always, feel free to get your two cents in and post your thoughts in the comments section.