'Guitar Hero III' setlist takes shape
A partial track list for the long-awaited third installment of Guitar Hero was released by Activision.
A partial track list for the long-awaited third installment of Guitar Hero was released by Activision today.
As usual, the 11-song list offers a nice blend of time-tested rock anthems by the Rolling Stones, Fog Hat, and Alice Cooper, as well as new classics by the likes of the Beastie Boys, Weezer, and Smashing Pumpkins.
In keeping with the inclusion of a Spinal Tap song in Guitar Hero II, the new game will include a song by Tenacious D.
Notable is the fact that seven of the songs on the list are original recordings. In previous versions of Guitar Hero, most songs were cover versions.
Guitar Hero III will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and 3, and the Nintendo Wii. The game's release is slated for this fall.
Here's the 11-track Guitar Hero III track list released by Activision. Full coverage of the announcement is over at GameSpot. (By the way, be sure to check out our , a San Francisco band that hacked Guitar Hero controllers to make them into real instruments.)
- Paint It Black (Rolling Stones)
- Cherub Rock (Smashing Pumpkins)
- Sabotage (Beastie Boys)
- The Metal (Tenacious D)
- My Name is Jonas (Weezer)
- Knights of Cydonia (Muse)
- Cult of Personality (Living Colour)
- Rock And Roll All Nite (made famous by Kiss)
- School's Out (made famous by Alice Cooper)
- Slow Ride (made famous by Fog Hat)
- Barracuda (made famous by Heart)