Facebook's Q1 by the numbers
The subtext of this latest earnings report: It's all about mobile as Facebook sees its efforts generate a sharp uptick in mobile monthly active users.
- Daily active users: 665 million, up 26 percent
- Monthly active users: 1.11 billion up 23 percent
- Mobile monthly active users: 751 million, up 54 percent
- Instagram: 100 million monthly active users
- Daily active users: up to 665 million
- Mobile ad revenue: 30 percent of advertising revenue
- Net income: $219 million, or 9 cents a share, up 7 percent
- Revenue: $1.46 billion, up from $1 billion
- Cash and marketable securities: $9.5 billion
- Payments and other fees revenue: $213 million
The following couple of slides -- mobile monthly active users and the number of mobile only monthly active users -- shines a spotlight on Facebook's strenuous efforts in the past several months to get more people to use its products untethered from their desktop PCs.