D-Link offers high-end 425MBps 7.5TB NAS server
A new NAS server for small to medium business from D-LINK can offer up to 7.5TB of storage and very fast throughput speed.
Casual home users might not need something like this, but the business world will definitely want the new NAS server from D-Link.
Last week, the company announced its all-new Stack DSN-1100 iSCSI SAN Array NAS server, which offers up to 7.5TB of storage and 425MBps of bandwidth. It achieves this high throughput speed thanks to IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregate Groups technology that combines the speeds of the device's four Gigabit Ethernet ports.
The NAS server include five bays, each of which can take a 3.5-inch SATA (or SATA-II) hard drive of up to 1.5TB. The company says that the bays will be able to accommodate higher-capacity drives after a new firmware update. These hard drives can be configured to RAID 0, 1, 1+0, and 5.
The DSN-1100 features an embedded, user-friendly IP-SAN Device Manager, a suite of utilities that allows monitoring and control via the Storage Management Initiative-Specification command set. Users can also remotely configure and monitor their SAN storage subsystems.
Thanks to its internal 10Gb iSCSI SoC configuration, the DSN-1100 can handle more than 80,000 input/outputs per second.
Other features of the new NAS include:
- Compact Cube Chassis for easy office placement (10.7 inches high by 6.6 inches wide wide by and 10.2 inches deep.)
- 200-watt power supply
- CHAP authentication to halt intruders
- SSL security to manage the console
- Up to 72 hours of battery backup on full charge
- VLAN zoning for traffic segregation to secure access and jumbo frames
- Highly integrated, multi-core SoC for greater power efficiency
The new DSN-1100 NAS server is available now with the estimated price of $1,799.99.