Congrats to Mark N. of Kingston, N.Y., for winning a laptop bag from Graceship in last week's giveaway. This week's prize ought to appeal to readers who've spent the last few days digging out of snowdrifts -- readers with iDevices, at least.
We've got a bundle of cases that aren't at all put off by rain or snow. From LifeProof, we have three waterproof, snow-proof, dirt-proof, and shock-proof cases: a nüüd for the iPad mini and a frē for the iPhone 5C, both of which are fully submersible to 6.6. feet and promise to survive drops from up to 4 feet; and a LifeJacket for the iPhone 5/5S/5C, which buoys your phone when you drop it in a giant rain puddle.
Then, from Incipio, we've got a rugged Atlas ID case for the iPhone 5/5S. It's been engineered with a hard-shell exterior and water-resistant enclosures while maintaining access to all ports, buttons, and controls. It meets US military standards for drop protection and water and dust resistance, and is waterproof up to 6.56 feet for an hour.
Normally, these four sturdy cases would run you a total of $330, but you have a chance to win all of them for free. How? There are a few rules, so please put down the snow shovel and read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) bundle of waterproof device cases, with a retail value of $330.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until 12 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2014. See official rules for details.