Android games can play nice with iOS
Google Play Games gets cross-platform multiplayer support, OneNote is free for Mac and Windows, and Starbucks customers can leave a tip with an app.
CNET Update is waiting for Player 2:
This content is rated TV-MA, and is for viewers 18 years or older. Are you of age?
Sorry, you are not old enough to view this content.
In this episode of Update:
- Don't let different operating systems determine who can be your Player 2. Google gave Android game developers the power of cross-platform multiplayer support, along with other perks like Game Gifts.
- Change the Google Play Store password permissions if you worry about kids making purchases on your device.
- Download a free version of Microsoft OneNote for Mac and Windows.
- Have more choice in your Surface shopping, now that the Microsoft is selling an 4G LTE version of the Windows tablet.
- Leave a tip for your barista using the Starbucks iPhone app, beginning March 19. (And it won't be long before you can pre-order from the app, too.
CNET Update delivers the tech news you need in under three minutes. Watch Bridget Carey every afternoon for a breakdown of the big stories, hot devices, new apps, and what's ahead. Subscribe to the podcast via the links below.
iTunes (HD) | iTunes (SD) | iTunes (HQ)
RSS (HD) | RSS (SD) | RSS (HQ)