Getting started with Facebook Photo Sync on Android, iPhone
Facebook can now automatically sync photos from your Android device or iPhone to your Facebook account. We show you how to get started.
of rolling out a new feature called Photo Sync to iPhone and Android users. When enabled, photos taken on the device will be automatically uploaded to a private "Synced from Phone" Facebook photo album.
In order to start using Photo Sync, you'll need to manually enable it. As Facebook continues to roll it out to all users your account may or may not have it right away; keep checking back if it doesn't show up right away.
- To enable Photo Sync, launch the Facebook app and view the side menu. Scroll down and tap on Photos. At the bottom of the screen you should see Photos of You, Albums and a new Sync tab. If the Sync tab is present, you're account is ready to go.
- Since this is the first time you've viewed the Sync tab you'll be presented with information pertaining the new feature. Notice how many times the word "private" is used both here and on the site when referencing photos uploaded through Photo Sync. Facebook wants to you feel secure should you decide to enable it.
Tap on Sync Photos if you'd like to enable Photo Sync.
- Your photos will then begin uploading a new -- private -- album in your Facebook account. Going forward, any new photo taken will automatically upload without the need for you to launch the Facebook app, even on your iPhone. It's all done in the background without you ever having to think about it.
- When you view your photos from the Web site, you can decide which photos to share by making them public, or which to delete.
- When you view the Sync tab in either app, you can see a Settings icon. Tapping it will let you limit photo uploads to Wi-Fi and cellular, Wi-Fi only, or disable to feature altogether. As you can see, you get a total of 2 GB worth of space to store uploaded photos.
With the feature having been in testing for awhile now, you won't need to update the Facebook app in order for it to show up.