6 Results for

commerical

Article

Photos: DigitalGlobe gets up close with satellite photos

DigitalGlobe, which provides satellite images for commerical use, released the first photos from WorldView-1 which show objects that are less than a meter.

By October 15, 2007

Article

Dot-commers 2.0

Speakers and executives schmooze during the Web 2.0 conference in San Francisco.

October 7, 2004

Article

Ex-dot-commer causes a commotion

The Internet Age has these many years stumbled along without its muse. But now it's found Odd Todd and his autobiographical cartoon, "Laid Off: A Day in the Life."

November 30, 2001

Article

Survey: Ex-dot-commers wouldn't do it again

A survey of dot-com employees who have been laid off found that 51 percent were not interested in working in the Internet industry again. The poll--conducted by Vault, a company that offers career and workplace information--found that the other 49 percent would still work at an Internet company again. The study polled nearly 300 laid-off workers.

January 24, 2001

Article

Dot-commers going from laid off to lounge lizard

People laid off from their failed or struggling dot-com companies are the guests of honor at "Pink Slip" parties, which are becoming the latest in networking and job-hunting.

By December 7, 2000

Article

Robot eats slugs to generate power

By Graeme Wearden Scientists are close to releasing a commerical model of a slug-hunting robot that is powered by the slimy creatures it catches. The four-wheeled SlugBot uses image sensors to tell the difference between slugs, snails and worms, and then picks up the prey with its claw arm. Researchers at the University of the West of England in Bristol have spent just under $300,000 to develop SlugBot. Commercial models, when available, are expected to sell for around $1,400. Staff writer Graeme Wearden reported from London.

By December 12, 2001