JBL's Clip speakers have been among our favorite micro Bluetooth speakers, and this spring we'll get a true redesign of the product when the Clip 2 ships to retailers in five color options for $60 this spring. There's no word on international pricing yet, but the current Clip+ costs £50, AU$80), so that should be about what the new model costs.
The Clip 2 has couple of notable changes. For starters, it's fully waterproof. It also comes equipped with a real metal carabiner instead the plastic "clip" mechanism found on the Clip and Clip+. And finally, battery life has been improved to 8 hours (up from 5).
On the sound front, I didn't notice a significant improvement, but the speaker still sounds relatively impressive for its tiny size. Using JBL's Connect app, you can now connect two Clips 2s to augment the sound. But you're just going to get more voluminous sound, not better sound or more bass.
JBL Clip 2 Features
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- Rechargeable battery: built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery supports up to 8 hours of playtime
- Speakerphone capabilities: Take calls from your speaker with a touch of a button
- Built-in carabiner
- IPX7 waterproof (fully submersible for a short period)
- Wirelessly connect two Clip 2 speakers together for amplified sound
- Integrated 3.5mm Audio Cable: if your music player does not have Bluetooth, plug the audio cable into it