Friday's CNET Update is channel surfing:
YouTube has a new design that puts a greater focus on subscriptions and channels. YouTube hopes it will get more users to stay on the site longer by flipping through channels -- similar to how folks lose themselves while browsing television stations.
Also in today's tech news roundup:
- Foursquare added event listings, so a business can post about when there's something unique going on, such as a trivia night, book signing, or wine tasting.
- You can now create repeat events on Facebook. Handy for people with regularly-scheduled meetups.
- The Washington Post is said to be adding a paywall for online news next year.
- The FCC is pushing for gadgets to stay powered on during a flight's take-off and landing.
- GameStop is selling the Kindle Fire and giving a $25 Amazon gift card with purchase.
Watch CNET Update in the video above, or subscribe to the podcast via the links below.