Staff Pick: Back-In-Time
Apple's built-in interface for Time Machine is definitely eye-catching and Apple has tried to make it as intuitive as possible. While it works for most people and most situations, one thing it does not allow is the restoration of files to any location of your choice. As such, you're limited to restoring a file to its respective location in the Time Machine interface, and then move it to the desired location.
Back-In-Time is a small utility that strives to overcome this limitation, allowing you to browse your whole backup tree and restore any file to a location of your choosing. The program has been updated to version 1.3.5, and can be downloaded from the developer's website: http://www.tri-edre.fr/english/backintime.html
Other Recent Utility Updates:
- Cocoa Packet Analyzer 0.60.1 - Network protocol analyzer and packet sniffer.
- QuickBoot 1.0.3b2 - Menu bar item that boots from a different startup disk.
- Batch File Rename 1.6 - Rename photos, MP3 files, pictures and more.
- A Better Finder Attributes 4.33 - Adjust: exif capture date, file dates, attributes, invisible files.
- Cocktail 4.3.4 - (Leopard Edition) general purpose system modify/repair utility.
- Apple AirPort Utility 5.4.2 - Setup & manage airport base stations.