Valleywag names the "10 most terrible tyrants of tech"
Think your boss is bad? Try one of these.
Perhaps it was just a stunt to drive traffic (It's working!), but I enjoyed Valleywag's collection of the "10 most terrible tyrants of tech." It's perhaps telling that some of the industry's top companies (Microsoft, Apple, Salesforce.com) are headed by some of the most difficult people with whom to work:
Here's to the screaming ones. The chair-throwers. The death-threat makers. The imperious gazers. The ones who see things differently -- and will stare you down until you do, too....[T]hey have no respect for conversational decibel levels. You can cower before them, hide from them, quote them behind their backs, or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they're so damn loud.
That's the description. Here's the list. You'll need to visit Valleywag, however, to find out just how abrasive these people can be:
- Apple CEO Steve Jobs
- RealNetworks CEO Rob Glaser
- Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff
- VMware cofounder Diane Greene
- Ex-Jobster CEO Jason Goldberg
- Microsoft chairman Bill Gates
- Ex-AOL sales chief David Colburn
- TechCrunch editor Michael Arrington
- Google SVP Jonathan Rosenberg
- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer