Vacuum away those OCD worries

Best part: It keeps cooties at more than arm's length.

Hammacher Schlemmer

Sure, we have germ-killing handheld devices in various sizes . There's just one problem, as every germaphobe knows: They require you to get uncomfortably close to the potential contaminants at hand.

That's why we're so delighted to see products like this germ-eliminating vacuum cleaner, which uses a HEPA filter that catches the usual 99.97 percent of cooties as promised by most other gadgets of this kind . (We live in fear of encountering whatever's in that remaining 0.03 percent.)

Best of all, this upright machine with its telescoping wand and crevice nozzle allows us to do battle with the enemy at more than arm's length--a crucial advantage to those of us in the OCD community . Now if we can only figure out how to keep its particles from going anywhere near the toothbrush cleaner .

About the author

    Mike Yamamoto is an executive editor for CNET News.com.

     

    Join the discussion

    Conversation powered by Livefyre

    Show Comments Hide Comments
    Latest Galleries from CNET
    15 crazy old phones from a Korean museum (pictures)
    10 gloriously geeky highlights from 2014 (pictures)
    2015.5 Volvo XC60: updated tech, understated design
    Busted! CNET readers show us their broken devices (pictures)
    Take a closer look at the BlackBerry Classic (pictures)