- Megapixel race inanity continues: Sony's 13.6-megapixel W300 - Sigh. Good thing it comes with adjustable nose reduction, because I bet noise is a problem. "Sony bumps up its point-and-shoot cameras to a new height of resolution with the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W300, the company's first 13.6-megapixel snapshot camera."
- Panasonic UK Offers 16GB Memory Card Free With L10 Purchase - Digital Camera Info - "Panasonic UK has announced customers purchasing its L10 DSLR through the end of April will receive a free 16GB SDHC memory card."
- Lens Test: Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED AF-S - PopPhotoFebruary 2008 - "This pro-level, superfast, full-frame Nikon zoom for the D3 is practically in a class by itself."
- To DNG, or not to DNG ... - Inside Lightroom - Some discussion and tips on using DNG and Adobe's DNG conversion software. "Not only is this a great format for archiving, its perfectly suited for your workflow within in Adobe Bridge, Photoshop, and Lightroom."
- Lens Test: Olympus Zuiko Digital 12-60mm f/2.8-4 SWD AF - PopPhotoJanuary 2008 - "Overall, this is among the sharpest and least distorting wide-angle zooms in recent memory."
- Apple's list of SLRs compatible with Aperture 2 tethering - Rob Galbraith - Links to Apple resources for tethered shooting using Aperture 2.0. "Notably absent are the latest Canon models, including the EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1Ds Mark III and EOS 40D, among others."
- Adobe AIR on Linux: Pre-Beta Testers Needed - James Ward - "As of today there have only been releases of Adobe AIR for Windows and Mac but Adobe is committed to also delivering a version for Linux." Interested testers may apply by email at helptesterairlinux at adobe dot com.
- OpenSolaris governance board gloom - Glynn Foster - "OGB made some good positive progress in some areas, it also feels like we lost the ability to talk with our community and proactively work on a plan for growth and prosperity for our community. It would be so, so easy to walk away after a year."
- The Pulse of Open Source - "This is the stream of collective consciousness from the open source community on Twitter." The 451 Group analyst Raven Zachary has set up a feed from various open-sourcers.
- Sun Microsystems to Provide Update on MySQL Acquisition - "Sun Microsystems, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAVA) will host a conference call on Tuesday, February 26 to provide an update on the acquisition of MySQL. The definitive agreement to acquire MySQL was announced on January 16."
- terrific photo gallery: 34 views of total lunar eclipse 2008 - Some great shots taken all over the world of the Eclipse of February 20, 2008.
- Imagekind | Buy and Sell Art Online - Checking this out: "Imagekind is about three things: * Creating art from digital files; * Providing an online marketplace for selling art without any actual inventory; * Providing the world's largest online venue for shopping for unique fine art prints."
- Matusow's Blog : Microsoft Takes Next Step In Delivering Interoperability - Jason Matusow on Microsoft open-source interoperability announcement.
- Fairies should come out of the sky...a hilarious talkback post from a News.com cynic - "fairies should come out of the sky and make discs out of magical dust which is bonded together by love and happiness..." This in reference to a call for open-standard work with Blu-ray and other technology.
- World's tallest man saves dolphin - BBC - "The world's tallest man has saved two dolphins by using his long arms to reach into their stomachs and pull out dangerous plastic shards."
Point-and-shoot quality with your phone?
Upgrade your camera photo game with these great additions.