- Megapixel race inanity continues: Sony's 13.6-megapixel W300 - Sigh. Good thing it comes with adjustable nose reduction, because I bet noise is a problem. "Sony bumps up its point-and-shoot cameras to a new height of resolution with the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W300, the company's first 13.6-megapixel snapshot camera."
- Panasonic UK Offers 16GB Memory Card Free With L10 Purchase - Digital Camera Info - "Panasonic UK has announced customers purchasing its L10 DSLR through the end of April will receive a free 16GB SDHC memory card."
- Lens Test: Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED AF-S - PopPhotoFebruary 2008 - "This pro-level, superfast, full-frame Nikon zoom for the D3 is practically in a class by itself."
- To DNG, or not to DNG ... - Inside Lightroom - Some discussion and tips on using DNG and Adobe's DNG conversion software. "Not only is this a great format for archiving, its perfectly suited for your workflow within in Adobe Bridge, Photoshop, and Lightroom."
- Lens Test: Olympus Zuiko Digital 12-60mm f/2.8-4 SWD AF - PopPhotoJanuary 2008 - "Overall, this is among the sharpest and least distorting wide-angle zooms in recent memory."
- Apple's list of SLRs compatible with Aperture 2 tethering - Rob Galbraith - Links to Apple resources for tethered shooting using Aperture 2.0. "Notably absent are the latest Canon models, including the EOS-1D Mark III, EOS-1Ds Mark III and EOS 40D, among others."
- Adobe AIR on Linux: Pre-Beta Testers Needed - James Ward - "As of today there have only been releases of Adobe AIR for Windows and Mac but Adobe is committed to also delivering a version for Linux." Interested testers may apply by email at helptesterairlinux at adobe dot com.
- OpenSolaris governance board gloom - Glynn Foster - "OGB made some good positive progress in some areas, it also feels like we lost the ability to talk with our community and proactively work on a plan for growth and prosperity for our community. It would be so, so easy to walk away after a year."
- The Pulse of Open Source - "This is the stream of collective consciousness from the open source community on Twitter." The 451 Group analyst Raven Zachary has set up a feed from various open-sourcers.
- Sun Microsystems to Provide Update on MySQL Acquisition - "Sun Microsystems, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAVA) will host a conference call on Tuesday, February 26 to provide an update on the acquisition of MySQL. The definitive agreement to acquire MySQL was announced on January 16."
- terrific photo gallery: 34 views of total lunar eclipse 2008 - Some great shots taken all over the world of the Eclipse of February 20, 2008.
- Imagekind | Buy and Sell Art Online - Checking this out: "Imagekind is about three things: * Creating art from digital files; * Providing an online marketplace for selling art without any actual inventory; * Providing the world's largest online venue for shopping for unique fine art prints."
- Matusow's Blog : Microsoft Takes Next Step In Delivering Interoperability - Jason Matusow on Microsoft open-source interoperability announcement.
- Fairies should come out of the sky...a hilarious talkback post from a News.com cynic - "fairies should come out of the sky and make discs out of magical dust which is bonded together by love and happiness..." This in reference to a call for open-standard work with Blu-ray and other technology.
- World's tallest man saves dolphin - BBC - "The world's tallest man has saved two dolphins by using his long arms to reach into their stomachs and pull out dangerous plastic shards."
Looking for an affordable tablet?
CNET rounds up high-quality tablets that won't break your wallet.