- Nikon still leads Canon for SLR market in Japan - It's not the whole world, but Japan is a very important market. Pentax is a distant third.
- Novel GPS widget geotags photos on your flash card - This is a great idea: you insert your camera's flash card into this GPS device and it handles the geotagging from there. A much simpler work flow. But does it work with raw formats?
- Wacky Microsoft Popfly live-action demo - Putting something of a human face on an obscure coding exercise.
- Dan Heller's Photography Business Blog: Gaming the Creative Commons for Profit - Upshot of a three-part series: "The Creative Commons just doesn't fit in the photo world...no teeth for well-intentioned photographers...sharp and dangerous teeth for those who want to abuse the system and entrap anyone into paying big settlements."
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron Alpha 3 | Ubuntu - Details of Alpha 3 of Ubuntu's Hardy Heron release, due to ship in final form in April 2008.
- Flickr: The Photophlow emotes pool - For setting graphical emotes during Photophlow chats
- Flickr Set Manager - A tool to automatically create sets based on parameters such as tags.
- Economist uses CC-licensed photos on its Web site - This blog quotes a photog unhappy to find the Economist used his Creative Commons-licensed photo on its Web site. Sure sounds like commercial use to me, which the photog had precluded.
- 30-minute Olympus E-3 Promotional Video - A loooong Olympus promotional video with detailed descriptions of the E-3's abilities. Some nice illustrations of why a swiveling LCD is useful. Painful background music.
- Penguinistas hack Android onto real hardware | LinuxDevices.com - Programmers get Android working on Sharp Zaurus and various other devices.
Looking for an affordable tablet?
CNET rounds up high-quality tablets that won't break your wallet.