- Field of view diagram from Digital Photo Professional magazine - A nice diagram showing what kind of focal length is required to get a 47-degree field of view with various cameras, e.g. full-frame, APS-C, medium format, Four Thirds. (Judging by the Four Thirds logo, this might be from that Olympus-led group.)
- Leaked? The Samsung GX-20 DSLR - 1001 Noisy Cameras - Roundup of links to GX-20, presumably derivative of a new Pentax model. would-be photo, specs here: http://www.aronsen.no/default.asp?ArtID=428
- Getty Bolsters Its Web Presence (subscription only) WSJ.com - A longish look at Getty's attempt to remake itself through royalty-free photography, including iStockphoto.
- Washingtonpost.com on snitching photos from Flickr etc. - Bloggers to the rescue? "What's noteworthy in each of these cases, Lessig says, 'is that bloggers, a community typically associated with piracy, are rallying in support of copyright.'"
- OLPC Tells Nigerian Court: We Don't Use LANCOR's Keyboard - Groklaw - OLPC answers the patent-infringment complaint.
- Novell's top lawyer is leaving - Joseph LaSala, who's been involved in litigation with The SCO Group and the controversial patent deal with Microsoft, is headed for Discovery Communications. Novell said deputy general counsel Ryan Richards will take over for now.
- Olympus E-3 Review - PhotographyBLOG - Generally favorable review. Modest jabs about its size--so much for one of the advantages 4/3 cameras have over Nikon and Canon. "The amount of time you'll spend penitently wading through the manual will reward you with some seriously good images."
- ExifTool by Phil Harvey - a photo tag editing utility - Perhaps this will be the way I transfer geotags from one photo to others. Looks like a pretty powerful utility, and it supports DNG and various raw file formats.
The Next Big Thing
Consoles go wide and far beyond gaming with power and realism.