- BBC NEWS | Egypt 'to copyright antiquities' including pyramids - Looks like people trying to sell pictures of the pyramids or sphinx will have to reckon with the Egyptian government.
- The Generational divide in copyright morality - The New York Times - David Pogue on the latest generation's opinion about copyright.
- Technology in 2008 | The Economist predicts 3 big trends for 2008 - I'm skeptical Linux on the desktop will catch on too much, and Linux already won long before the SCO Group's legal attack fell apart, and Ubuntu doesn't deserve quite that much credit. Otherwise interesting reading.
- Mark Radcliffe: 2007 top ten free and open source legal issues - A good recap of the intersection of open-source issues and the legal realm by a respected attorney in the area.
- Adobe's Outlook: A pretty picture - Barron's Online - Barron's stands by its bullish assessment of Adobe stock.
- HP: Snapfish cuts 4x6 print prices to 9 cents - I've been impressed how much prices have dropped in this industry. It's not over yet.
- Sony releases firmware version 3 for the A700 digital SLR - A couple bug fixes, one with a situation that could cause the camera to lock up and one with camera settings staying put when they shouldn't.
- ActivePerl 5.10 - Online Docs : ActivePerl 5.10 change log - New features in ActiveState's version of Perl 5.10
- Nikon videos for Coolpix S51, S51c - I like the idea of instructional videos from camera makers. Better have broadband, though: 250MB for the high-res version.
- The Online Photographer: Fujifilm Digicam appreciation - Apparently the now-discontinued Fujifilm F30 and F31 compact cameras are selling for well over their price at introduction and over price of the company's replacement. Why? Some people realize lower noise is better than gratuitous megapixels.
- Olympus SP-560UZ Review: Digital photography review - So-so. "You could use this camera for years without ever finding all the (often fairly pointless) things it can do, so numerous and deeply buried in menus are they." Slow raw, but better than nothing. I wasn't wowed by the SP-550UZ before it.
- Ricoh GR Digital II firmware v1.12: Digital photography review - Some bug fixes and tweaks.
Find Your Tech Type
Take our tech personality quiz and enter for a chance to win* high-tech specs!