- Optical zoom to become a standard feature of 5-megapixel camera handsets - Digitimes predicts better optical zoom coming to cell phones. My reaction: eyes rolling. Who needs more megapixels and zoom when the camera already suffers a microscopic sensor, cheesy plastic lens covered with pocket lint, and scratches from car keys?
- Nova Scotia News: thoughts on a Photoshopped Christmas photo - A plea to avoid overprocessed family portraits. "Inevitably, the holiday portraits I most admire prove to be the homemade kind, squints and grins and crooked greenery included."
- Lightroom Journal: Debugging printing on Leopard with Lightroom 1.3.1 - Why printing in Lightroom broke on Mac OS X 10.5 aka Leopard: it switched from older Tioga print system to newer CUPS. Bottom line: upgrade your drivers. Too bad some CUPS drivers aren't yet available.
- The optical triangle--an illusion - An interesting real-world optical illusion: a bright patch reflected on the sea makes it look like there's a corresponding dark patch immediately above it.
- Canon Camera Museum - An archive of Canon camera products, plus some videos and history.
Up for a challenge?
Put yourself to the real tech test by building your own virtual-reality headset with a few household items.