- Shark chomping a Nikon D80--Sea & Sea underwater housing review. A review of an underwater SLR housing in the Bahamas turns a Nikon D80 into a chew toy for a tiger shark.
- LiMo Foundation Selects Wind River Technology as Development Foundation. LiMo (Linux for Mobile phones) Foundation endorses Wind River for its programming tools. No surprise, given that Wind River is a member.
- Time shows 'happiness on the job' statistics. Journalists: 35.7 percent say they're happy. PR people: 39.5 percent. Programmers: 30.1 percent. Photographers: 20.8 percent. Clergy are at the top: 67.2 percent.
- DCRP Review likes Nikon D300. Jeff Keller likes it, says it matches or beats Canon 40D, notably with lower high-ISO noise. An interesting bit I missed from earlier: frame rate drops to 2.5 fps when shooting 14-bit raw images. He thinks it underexposes a bit and could use a bit of image sharpening.
- Linux Kernel Developer Ted Ts'o Joins Linux Foundation as Chief Platform Strategist. Ts'o has been a Linux kernel programmer for ages. Among other things he's dealt with e2fsprogs and Kerberos.
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-L10 Review: Digital Photography Review. DPreview looks at Panasonic's latest SLR, decides it's so-so: "capable of stunning output in raw mode, but...hard to give a wholehearted recommendation to because Panasonic insists on bundling it with an over-priced kit lens..."
Looking for an affordable tablet?
CNET rounds up high-quality tablets that won't break your wallet.