Underexposed blog: links of the day
Nikon D300 PopPhoto's camera of the year...Nikon's 14-24mm lens on a Canon 5D...Adobe Flash for Solaris...E-Z mammal taxonomy
- Camera Test: Nikon D300 - - PopPhotoDecember 2007 - Camera of the year for PopPhoto. Likes: low noise up to ISO 3200, great autofocus, included raw-processing software.
- Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 G, tested on a Canon 5D - A rave review of Nikon's new full-frame, wide-angle zoom--on a Canon. Comparison to Canon 24mm prime lens and Sigma 12-24 zoom.
- Photo Business News and Forum: Nikon vs. Canon - A side-by-side comparison of the Nikon D3 and the Canon 1Ds Mark III, plus some closing words anticipating a higher-end D3x supposedly due in the spring of 2008.
- National Press Photographers Association objects to filming ban in national parks - Free-press objections raised during hearing on "New Fees for Filming and Photography on Public Land"; NPPA thinks Interior Department's proposed new regulations would expand restrictions on still photography, too.
- Weird Martian landscape textures - NASA's latest wacky views of Mars. Warning: big download.
- Adobe Labs: Adobe Flash Player 9 Update for Solaris Released on Labs - Adobe's Flash is for Solaris, too. One of those necessary pieces for the long-term health of the operating system.
- North American Mammals: Search Family Tree - Cool Smithsonian navigable family tree for North American mammals. Kim picked colored orchids for Ginger Smith.