- Canon Hood ET-155 - $840 - I guess anybody who can afford Canon's 400mm f/2.8 lens can afford an $840 lens hood to go with it. It's cheaper on B&H, though.
- Moose News Blog » helpful Nikon D3, D300 videos - A link to some detailed Nikon videos on using D3 and D300 SLRs.
- Naked light--Mac OS X Image Editor - An attempt to revolutionize image editing. for Mac OS X, in beta 0.1 right now.
- Photodoto »DSLRs, sensor dust, and NASA - Sensor dust on narrow-aperture photos taken from the Space Shuttle. I wonder if dust is worse in zero gravity...
- JPG Magazine: Stories: Just Say No to the In-flight Movie - Tips on photography from a plane flight.
- One Library To Rule Them All - O'Reilly Digital Media Blog - The Apple Aperture variation of the library/collection question. "Keeping one library lets you take full advantage of Aperture's keywording and search features."
- Dirk's Photo Blog » Tutorial: Create Your Own Planets - How to make those spherical mini-planets from a stitched photo panorama. I love these.
- Nikon offers Capture NX free with D3, D300 - I meant to check about whether the free Capture NX deal was available in the U.S., and apparently it is. Silly that Nikon makes you pay extra for a raw conversion tool ordinarily; though a lot of people won't use it, a lot unfamiliar with raw images will.
- Aaron Toponce » Blog Archive » Why Dvorak? Comfort - Using grep to compare typing efficiency of Dvorak vs. Qwerty keyboard. Result: a lot more time on the home row.
- MPAA's University Toolkit hit with DMCA takedown notice after GPL violation - The ghost of Jack Valenti vs. the spirit of free software.
- HardyHeron/Alpha1 - Ubuntu Wiki - Hardy Heron is the next version of Ubuntu Linux to get long-term support, and the first to get fancy 3D user interface eye candy by default. Alpha one is out.
- HD Photo Specification Download: Version 1.0 - The download site for HD Photo, which MIcrosoft is working to standardize as JPEG XR.
Mac running slow?
Boost your computer with these five useful tips that will clean up the clutter.