Underexposed blog: Links of the day
Naked Light tries revolutionizing image editing...Exorbitant Canon lens hood prices...helpful D3 tutorials...Dvorak keyboard analysis...Hardy Heron alpha release.
- Canon Hood ET-155 - $840 - I guess anybody who can afford Canon's 400mm f/2.8 lens can afford an $840 lens hood to go with it. It's cheaper on B&H, though.
- Moose News Blog » helpful Nikon D3, D300 videos - A link to some detailed Nikon videos on using D3 and D300 SLRs.
- Naked light--Mac OS X Image Editor - An attempt to revolutionize image editing. for Mac OS X, in beta 0.1 right now.
- Photodoto »DSLRs, sensor dust, and NASA - Sensor dust on narrow-aperture photos taken from the Space Shuttle. I wonder if dust is worse in zero gravity...
- JPG Magazine: Stories: Just Say No to the In-flight Movie - Tips on photography from a plane flight.
- One Library To Rule Them All - O'Reilly Digital Media Blog - The Apple Aperture variation of the library/collection question. "Keeping one library lets you take full advantage of Aperture's keywording and search features."
- Dirk's Photo Blog » Tutorial: Create Your Own Planets - How to make those spherical mini-planets from a stitched photo panorama. I love these.
- Nikon offers Capture NX free with D3, D300 - I meant to check about whether the free Capture NX deal was available in the U.S., and apparently it is. Silly that Nikon makes you pay extra for a raw conversion tool ordinarily; though a lot of people won't use it, a lot unfamiliar with raw images will.
- Aaron Toponce » Blog Archive » Why Dvorak? Comfort - Using grep to compare typing efficiency of Dvorak vs. Qwerty keyboard. Result: a lot more time on the home row.
- MPAA's University Toolkit hit with DMCA takedown notice after GPL violation - The ghost of Jack Valenti vs. the spirit of free software.
- HardyHeron/Alpha1 - Ubuntu Wiki - Hardy Heron is the next version of Ubuntu Linux to get long-term support, and the first to get fancy 3D user interface eye candy by default. Alpha one is out.
- HD Photo Specification Download: Version 1.0 - The download site for HD Photo, which MIcrosoft is working to standardize as JPEG XR.