- Marc Fleury dings Apache Software Foundation -- JBoss founder says Apache should get over the BSD license and work with other Java projects such as JBoss or Sun Microsystems' OpenJDK rather than replicate its own.
- Harald Welte leaves OpenMoko -- He's getting back into GPL enforcement after "quite a bit of internal friction" at OpenMoko, an attempt to make an open-source mobile phone that began at Taiwanese company FIC.
- Ulrich Drepper: Energy saving is everybody's business -- A call to arms for programmers to make their code interrupt the CPU less often, and a hint that Intel's Arjan van de Ven is working on something beyond the PowerTop utility.
- CIFS Server at OpenSolaris.org -- Some evidence of cooperation between Sun and Microsoft after what looked like a lot of vapor in the air. CIFS is Microsoft software for networked file systems; supporting it makes it easier for non-WIndows machines to fit in. Ask Samba guys.
- Jeremy Katz: Fedora Linux partition desizing -- A video of a new partition-resizing tool likely to arrive in Red Hat's Fedora 9. This partition stuff is still a huge technical challenge for Linux; when will we finally get beyond primary vs. logical partition limits from ancient x86 machines?
Delete your photos by mistake?
Whether you've deleted everything on your memory card or there's been a data corruption, here's a way to recover those photos.