Less than two months after unveiling
Read on to find out more about Onkyo's latest additions and see some of their key features.
Key features of the Onkyo HT-RC360:
- 7.2-channel AV receiver with Audyssey 2EQ room correction
- Marvell Qdeo 4K video upscaling processor
- Six HDMI inputs, including one front-panel HDMI input
- Advanced HDMI features like , and
- Ethernet port
- Wi-Fi-ready (requires $40 UWF-1 USB adapter, sold separately)
- Networking functionality including Internet radio and DLNA compatibility
- Can be controlled by iPhone/iPod Touch using Onkyo's free Remote app
- Can directly connect iPod/iPhone via front-panel USB port
- Powered second zone audio
- $549 list price; available in April
Key step-up features of the Onkyo HT-RC370:
- 7.2-channel AV receiver with Audyssey MultEQ XT
- Front bi-amp capability
- Support for Audyssey DSX (7.1 + front-high and front-wide), Dolby PL IIz (7.1 + front-high)
- Seven HDMI inputs, including one front-panel HDMI input
- Earned THX's Select2 Plus certification for sound quality
- VGA-style PC input
- S-video inputs/outputs
- Built-in phono pre-amp
- 5.1 analog inputs
- Pre-amp outputs
- $849 list price; available in April
At $849, the HT-RC370 definitely skews towards the high-end of today's AV receiver market, but it's loaded with a lot of bells and whistles not found on lower-end models. Among them: pre-outs; a whopping eleven pairs of powered speaker terminals (for elaborate Audyssey DSX andsetups, which support "front high" and/or "front wide" speakers); a dedicated phono input for vinyl fans; and even good old-fashioned S-video connections, which are quickly from most AV products.
At $549, the Onkyo HT-RC360 seems to be very redundant to Onkyo's own
The HT-RC360 will also be competing against the recently announced
However, while both the Onkyo receivers and the Pioneer offer plug-and-play USB compatibility with iPhones and iPod Touch handhelds, the Pioneer receiver includes one feature that's conspicuously missing from all of Onkyo's 2011 products to date: iPad to the receiver. (AirPlay is also available on more expensive 2010 Denon and Marantz receivers, which means we're likely to see it on that company's soon-to-be-announced 2011 products as well.). Thanks to AirPlay, VSX-1021 owners can wirelessly stream content from their iPhone, iPod Touch, or
We're glad to see that the new Onkyo models eliminate the need for a separate iPod dock (though that support still exists if you want it), and that they deliver the latest HDMI features (standby pass-through wasn't supported in the predecessor models.) But we hope the 2011 HT-RC models exhibit better sound quality than the HT-RC260, which lagged among its competitors in our.
Editors' note: This post was updated after its original publication with additional information on the Onkyo HT-RC370.