Too-hot tech: Overheating Surface Pro 3, HP cord recall
Hewlett-Packard recalls more than 6 million defective power cords, Microsoft promises a fix for overheating Surface Pro 3 tablets, and Square Cash sends money over text messages.
Things get hot in this CNET Update:
In today's tech-news roundup:
- Check if your Hewlett-Packard power cord is in danger of overheating. HP is recalling more than 6 million of its power cords for various laptops and accessories.
- Microsoft is also in hot water to fix overheating Surface Pro 3 tablets with the Intel Core i7 processor.
- Stay toasty this winter with a high-tech hat from Archos. The company also is coming out with a musical light bulb.
- Barnes & Noble uses Angry Birds to lure you into buying a Galaxy Tab 4 Nook.
- Send money to friends with a text using the Square Cash app.
CNET Update delivers the tech news you need in under three minutes. Watch Bridget Carey every afternoon for a breakdown of the big stories, hot devices, new apps, and what's ahead. Subscribe to the podcast via the links below.