Tomorrow Daily 039: 'Swarmies' of NASA robots, fish playing Street Fighter 2, and a shotgun flute
On today's show, Ashley and Khail check out how NASA might use tiny robot swarms to search for resources on other planets, watch two goldfish play Street Fighter 2, and discuss an art installation consisting of a shotgun transformed into a flute.
We're constantly amused by the crazy things streamers on Twitch come up with, so fish playing Street Fighter 2 by swimming through zones in their tank was right up our alley. As you watch Aquarius and Robert the Bruce (those are the names of the goldfish) land blows, you'll probably start thinking the same thing we did: "Wow, we aren't even close to being that clever."
We've also got NASA's plan to send swarms of cheaply made, small robots to asteroids and other planets for resource tracking and location, and an artist who reimagined a shotgun into a self-playing flute. Great, even more people who beat us on the clever scale.
Tomorrow Daily 039 [mp3]: 'Swarmies' of NASA robots, fish playing Street Fighter 2, and a shotgun flute
Here are some links and notes for all the things on the show today:
- NASA considers small robot swarms for hunting down resources on other planets
- Actual goldfish playing Street Fighter 2 on Twitch
- Artist transforms shotguns and scraps into robotic flutes
- Into It: Five Nights at Freddy's, and GIFYouTube
- User feedback: Your #TDCharging tweets, and our Phonetographer of the Day
Of course, you can find us everywhere on social media. Like, follow, and heart us as you desire!