TiVo summer update adds helpful search, management tweaks
TiVo pushes out a service update adding a handful of new features.
TiVo had a very busy July. First, it teamed up with Comcast to make section editor ability to buy products from advertisers using your remote.. Next, it announced the rollout of . Then, its partnership with Amazon.com evolved to include the eventual
The fun apparently didn't end with July though, as Friday morning at 2 a.m. EDT TiVo pushed out a sizable service update with six new features.
- Play or delete an entire folder This'll let you, um, play or delete an entire folder. Particularly good if you've, say, recorded a marathon of your favorite show and want to watch all the episodes back-to-back without the hassle of actually selecting them as you watch.
- Browse the guide at any time Pressing the program guide no longer takes you out of whatever it is you're watching: live TV, recorded program, or video download.
- Jump forward in the guide Never understood why this wasn't a feature from day one, but you can now jump forward and back 24 hours to find something in the guide.
- Find a station in the guide Can't remember where CNN falls in your guide? Now just type in "CNN" and you can pull it up fast with only the call sign.
- Toggle closed captioning on and off Self-explanatory.
- Review Thumb ratings Lets you pull up a list of all the programs you've rated.