SpaceX, Mario show off new rides
SpaceX unveils new spacecraft technology in the Dragon V2, Mario now drives a Mercedes, and TwoDots takes connecting dots to new levels.
In this episode of CNET Update:
- Learn about the new SpaceX Dragon v2 and how this manned spacecraft can land back on Earth with the accuracy of a helicopter.
- Trade in Mario's racing go-kart for... a Mercedes? Players of Mario Kart 8 in Japan can race with a Mercedes-Benz GLA. (If you think that's odd, check out the commercial.)
- Bid farewell to Android on Samsung's Galaxy Gear smartwatch. An update will remove the Android operating system and replace it with Tizen, Samsung's homemade operating system. It will add new features like a standalone music player, voice commands for the camera, and better battery life. But it will wipe all current data and some third-party apps may not work anymore.
- Speculate on what smartwatches HTC and Microsoft may have in store for us later this year.
- Lose your weekend to a new addictive iOS game, TwoDots. This sequel to Dots will remind you of Candy Crush.
CNET Update delivers the tech news you need in under three minutes. Watch Bridget Carey every afternoon for a breakdown of the big stories, hot devices, new apps, and what's ahead. Subscribe to the podcast via the links below.