Songs to download at the pump
Ovation iX gas pump lets fuel and music stream
Dresser Wayne is working on a gas pump with Microsoft's Automotive Business Unit that would allow you to download music while waiting for your gas to finish pumping. The Ovation iX fuel pump would connect to the Internet and transfer the songs to your media device or a car stereo system via Wi-Fi. The media/fuel pump complete with touch screen was featured at CES 2007, according to Gizmag.
The device could be a good service for truckers with long hours to kill, but how would you get the full-service gas station drivers in New Jersey to use it?
All in all, it's an interesting idea. But the first time I get stuck behind some jerk fiddling with his MP3 player when he should be pulling back onto the highway, we may just see a new term coined: Gas pump rage, anyone?
Suggested Songs to Download at the Pump
1. Life's Been Good - Joe Walsh
2. I Can't Drive 55/65 - Sammy Hagar
3. Rearviewmirror - Pearl Jam
4. Truckin' - the Grateful Dead
5. Dirty World - the Traveling Wilburys
6. Racing in the Street or Thunder Road or Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
7. Who Drove the Red Sports Car? - Van Morrison
8. Drive My Car - the Beatles
9. Fun, Fun, Fun or 409 or Little Deuce Coupe - the Beach Boys
10. Convoy - C.W. McCall
11. Hot Rod Lincoln any version
12. Little GTO - Ronnie & the Daytonas
13. Baby Driver - Simon and Garfunkel