Aptly named Simplify Media recently launched a native third-party iPhone application that can stream music from any enabled Mac or PC (also running the Simplify Media software) directly to the iPhone over a WiFi or EDGE connection. Once you've made your iPhone ready accept third-party applications, the process for setting up Simplify Media is, well, simple:
- Download Simplify Media for Mac OS X or Windows.
- Launch the application on your Mac or PC and select the option to setup a new user account. Enter a username and password.
- Simplify Media should automatically select your iTunes music folder. If not, select it from the "Computer" selection under "Settings." The software will scan the folder and build its own music database. Keep the application running
- On your iPhone, launch Installer.app, then install the Simplify Media application under "Multimedia"
- Return to your home screen and launch Simplify Media, then enter the account information you created on your Mac or PC.
- Sign in, and you'll have access to the music library or libraries on computers connected to your account (the Simplify Media application must be running on target computers). The interface is typical, iPhone sliding-style, and any track you play will launch the QuickTime player on the iPhone.