Sanyo Xacti GH4 another cheapie HD 'sharing' camcorder
Sanyo's latest Xacti Dual Camera offers "full HD" video and a 5x zoom lens in a traditional camcorder body, albeit a very small one.
The Sanyo Xacti VPC-GH4 is nearly identical to its predecessor, the GH2. In fact, the only differences seem to be that the sensor resolution has been lowered from 14 megapixels to 10 and that there is sharing software embedded in the camcorder now for easier uploading to the likes of Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Records video in MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 at up to 1080/60i (1,920x1,080 pixels)
- Captures 10-megapixel photos
- 2.7-inch LCD
- 5x optical zoom
- Digital image stabilization (photo and video)
- Compatible with SD, SDHC, or SDXC memory cards
- Mini-HDMI port
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Size: 1.5x4.3x2.2 inches (WDH)
- Weight: 5.9 ounces with battery and memory card
Other niceties include support for Enhanced Eye-Fi memory cards, which allows the GH4 to control the Eye-Fi function power management, the capability to automatically shut off power to the Eye-Fi card when not in use so you're not wasting battery life, and the placement of record and shutter release buttons on top and in back so you can more easily shoot at eye or ground level.
The Sanyo Xacti VPC-GH4 will be out in late September at an MSRP of $199.99.